Saturday, June 14, 2008

Community: Powerful Girl Next Door by Miku




Interview of Renee Manger (resident of Santa Monica)
Q. What is or was your job?
A. My job was a flight attendant but I retired, but now I just help my friends' businesses.

Q. What did you do as a flight attendant?
A. Basically i made sure everyone was alright on the plane.

Q. Are there any favorite memories you remember?
A. Definitely, I traveled different places, meet new people, and discovered how to make my own tea in many different ways.

Q. What do you mean you made your own tea?
A.I grew up in a house where coffee was really bad for us so we drank tea all the time. So when I was a flight attendant, my other workers showed me new styles of tea.

Q. Do you consider it to be an easy job or a hard job?
A. Well, nothing is really easy but I say it would be a hard job if you don't like it. For me waking up early is not the easiest part but when slip into my flight attendant clothes I change my energy.

Q. Is there a different job that you would have done?
A. Yes I would have been a writer/or a speaker because I do that daily at home.

Q. Why a writer or speaker?
A. I love expressing myself with words because to me it creates a vivid description. Also, I love speaking because I can tell someone things with emotions and people get it.

Q. Do you help people out everyday?
A. I try as much as possible. Right now I am helping my friends stores, and cleaning up a neighbors house.

Q. Do you know the program Rosies Girls?
A. Yes.

Q. What have you heard about it?
A. I've heard they could make different items using their creativeness. Also they are able to show teamwork, friendship, and self-confidence in them. Also it is to show girls have the same power as guys do.

Q. Would you do Rosie’s Girls?
A.I would love to.

Q Why would you want to join Rosie’s girls?
A. it sounds like an experience of a lifetime. You get to overcome so many challenges and change your "I can't do this" to "I can do this any day!"

Q. What is one problem you are concerned of right now in the world?
A. Well, probably global warming because I really want people to experience the world that they have created. Since I have been to different places I would like to see someone see the world too.

Q. What kind of ways do you help keep the Earth clean?
A.-bike, walk, reuse my lunch, reuse my water bottles, turn off the water while brushing my teeth, instead of watching TV. I try to watch the sunset everyday.

1 comment:

waverly1212 said...

-miku
you are great person, when you help us it is great

waverly