Sunday, October 19, 2008

Trip to Japan by Elisa


This past summer I went to Kizugawa, Japan as an exchange student. It was an experience I will never forget. When I first got there I was surprised because Japan was nothing like I expected, Japan had cool vending machines in every corner, their food was different and their air is very clean. Everyday we would go to exciting places like temples and shrines. One day we went to The Golden Temple, which is a temple that is made out of gold, and we went to a temple were there was a giant Buddha, and one of the places that I liked the most was a public park where there are deer all over the place, and they let them wonder around, and people can feed them. Even though the flight was about 10 to 12 hours the trip was worth it. Another cool thing we did was meet the mayor of Kizugawa city, Kizuagawa is a new city about 2 or 3 years old, and they combined 3 cities Kizu, Kamo, and Yamashiro, the mayor of the city was a woman and I thought she was really nice to receive us and let us talk to her.

No comments: